Tuesday, 3 April 2012

My Sandal Spree!

So last week was by far the hottest week of the year, and it brought to my attention that despite having a few new pieces of clothing for summer, I have nothing that is even remotely wearable in terms of footwear.
You can imagine my peril when I was stood in my maxi dress, or my pastel coloured t-shirt dress and looked down at my feet to see horrible wintery shoes - big, thick, warm shoesy-type-shoes. Chunky leathers, thick suedes and laces and heels - pretty as they are, they are not ideal for summer!
So I went on a hunt, a sandal hunt.
I've previously owned a pair of Gladiator Sandals with gold suds on and lots of straps so I knew I liked this style. My shoes of choice which are now happily sat in my wardrobe waiting for more sunny days are these:

I'm very pleased with them because they are very comfortable, the leather and actual material of the shoe is of a good quality and they were only £30 from Asos! I did get a discount, but even without it they are such good value for money. I chose a plain pair with no jewels or detail because I wanted a pair that would undoubtedly go with everything I own - and these do.

I went on a trip into town  with my lovely Mum a couple of days later and although I wasn't intending on buying anything at all, I bought another pair of sandals that I was extremely surprised about! See these Urban Outfitters beauties right here?

Mine are pretty much the same! Except they were a steal for £12 and not £32. They were from Primark, somewhere I never ever shop, but I guess my Mum bumping into her friend and wandering in paid off because otherwise I wouldn't have found these:

I'm not going to lie, the Urban Outfitters pair will definitely be of a better quality - especially on the sole of the shoe but the upper material on both is real leather (Primark, you are surprising me here!) And although one is open toe and more of a sandal than a shoe, they are pretty similar. I love how the pink and green shades of leather have been worked in with the brown, and the cut out pattern is lovely! I usually don't condone Primark stealing styles and garments from other stores, and making cheaper versions, but I guess it is how they make their money! And a pair of cheaper sandals just for one summer - thats excusable isn't it?


Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment