Sunday, 24 June 2012

L'Oreal Lipstick

L'OREAL Paris Colour Riche lipsticks are one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried in terms of 'drugstore'  lipsticks. The shade in this post is called 'Intense Fuchsia' which I think is absolutely right in defining the colour! I would describe it as a shocking pink that is very almost red, it has blue undertones too and is just the perfect colour if you want something bold and dramatic but girly too. 


 The pigmentation of this is so rich and intense, hence the name. You can't pussyfoot around this shade and build it up because it applies with all the colour intensity you could ever dream of. (But then again if you're choosing a colour this bright you probably want something dramatic and don't want to have to build it up anyway) I really like it as an alternative to a red lip, it's more girly and probably less sophisticated because of how bright it is but oh well! L'Oreal Paris say that this 'Colour Riche' shade is designed to add continuos moisture to the lips, and apply great colour without drying your lips out which I have to say I do agree with. It is built with a combination on Omega 3 Oils and Vitamin E to help 'protect your lips from drying.' I do find it quite moisturising on the lips and it goes on with a smooth application. It has a finish that is in-between matte and glossy - I think there a flecks of shimmer in the actual lipstick too however these aren't noticeable when it's on which is good. The flash in my images has made is look slightly sparkly which I assure you it isn't but as you can see it looks quite juicy, doesn't cling to any dry parts and just has a stunning finish. The only thing I'd say about this lipstick that some people don't like is that it can stain your lips, that is just because it is so pigmented and intense but moisturising too that it just sinks in! I personally don't mind this too much as I like lip-stains as well as lipsticks but when you just want to remove all your makeup and can't budge your lipstick then it does get irritating!



I quite like the packaging, it's not tacky like some drugstore brands, it's simple and pretty and generally looks nice in my makeup bag. I've used it here with just a rather plain makeup look, however I think it would look nice with champagne-y coloured eyeshadow, a bit of eyeliner and only a slight flush of colour of the cheeks - it's best to keep makeup simple when you have a bold statement lip.

Do you own any L'Oreal Paris lipsticks? Which is your favourite shade? I definitely think I'll be buying some more!

Emma xx





2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely colour :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I'm pretty pleased with it! :) x

      Delete