Tuesday, 26 June 2012

My Favourite Ever Blush!

This was the first 'high end' blush that I bought, it's Estèe Lauder Wild Sunset and I just love it. It's really pigmented, really smooth and just gorgeous. The colour itself is a perfect muted coral - bright enough to wear at night but can also be muted down to wear as an every day colour which I currently do. It's perfect for summer because it looks so flattering on tanned skin but I also really love it when I'm not so tanned because it just gives a really nice flush of colour to the cheeks. I think I'd say it would suit so many skin tones because it's such a complimentary colour, so adaptable. It has tiny flecks of gold shimmer through it, which aren't noticeable at all when it's on, they just add to the brightening affect and make your skin look healthy and vibrant which is often nicer than a matte finish blush because sometimes they can look dull. This again is why it's perfect for tanned skin in the summer as the gold flecks look amazing, I'll definitely be taking this on holiday! From the picture it translates as quite pink - but I assure you it's a lovely warm peachy coral toned pink! The MUA at the counter actually told me that she thought that this would be a pretty good dupe for NARS Orgasm, I don't own it so I couldn't tell you but I'm guessing the tone and quality are quite similar.

Wild Sunset is so pigmented but super blendable - I tend to apply it with a light hand depending on how much I want to wear but as a general point it is best to build it up rather than go all out straight away with it! It lasts for a good amount of time on the cheeks too, I'd say I've worn it all day and not needed to top it up. The packaging also is extremely classy and typical Estèe Lauder style, some people say that they're hard to open but I really didn't find that, I just think it's a really classy and sophisticated item to have floating about in your makeup bag. It comes with a little brush that is so soft and great for on the go but I tend to apply it with my usual larger blusher brush (I don't have an amazing one, just a cheap one!) The blush costs £23 which is pricey but it's the sort of item that to me is definitely a treat and as I don't go around buying blush like this every day I'd like to think I appreciate it more haha! 

I definitely want to buy more of the shades in this range, you get a generous amount of product and I believe it will last me quite a long time because you don't need to apply lots. I definitely recommend this if you're looking at high end makeup as an alternative to say a Nars blush. I love it and I can't wait to own more!


You can purchase it here directly from the Estèe Lauder site - they currently have a great offer on where any order above £30 is free and you get 4 free samples. You can also get it from Debenhams, Boots and places where they sell high end makeup.

Have you tried this product? What blushes do you love?

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment