Friday, 22 June 2012

My Naked Palette!

So I may be a teeny bit late on the bandwagon here, give or take a year (lol). But apparently no blog is complete without a review of Urban Decays Naked Palette which I have been using every day since I got it! 

I won't go through every single shade because you may well have read about them before, but my favourites at the minute are: 'Half Baked' 'Smog' and 'Darkhorse.' I don't really have any least favourites or shades I don't like/can't wear which is a really great thing about this palette. They are all really wearable as subtle shimmery shades for daytime, or you can build up a really dramatic smokey eye for a night out. There's so many combinations and looks that can be put together with this palette so I definitely think you're getting your moneys worth. Especially since a single Urban Decay eyeshadow costs £14 and this palette costs £36 so you are getting a lot for your money! And if you run out either repurchase or just repurchase your favourites, it's a great way to try out new shades especially on a budget because I really do think it's great value for money. You also get an Urban Decay eyeshadow brush, and a primer potion which together also total £28.50 when added together, bargain!


Another thing I love is the packaging. I love velvet anything... underwear, blazers, leggings, skirts. Velvet is great! The only downside is that it can be harder to keep clean (but I am going to try super hard to!) The mirror is also extremely handy too, plus the actual size of the palette is great for travelling.

The mirror is rather large which is good, and the brush is lovely, soft and easy to work with too. As you can see the shades vary from dark to light with shimmery and matte variations.

'Naked' and 'Buck' are two of the matte shades, and I love the first shade 'Virgin' for a inner eye and brow line highlight.

I loved 'Half Baked' and 'Darkhorse' as a combination on the eye.'Sin' and 'Smog' are shades you might recognise from the 'Ammo' palette.

'Creep' and 'Gunmetal' are shades I like to use for lining the eye, or using for a really dramatic night time smokey eye.

As a lover of a neutral eye and one never to be too risky with my eye makeup this palette is perfect for me and I'm so glad I have it now. I can't even remember what I was putting on my eyes before this! I would say, if you're the same, that this is the only palette you could ever want BUT there is a naked palette 2 which I eventually want to invest in, and a couple of others out there like Stila 'In the Light' that I'm also keen to try! I know they won't be a waste of money because I get the most use out of palettes when it comes to eye makeup - I tend to lose singles or overuse my favourite ones and then run out too quickly so I think palettes encourage a bit more variation and just generally look prettier! Plus they're so much better for travel. I have a few Urban Decay palettes now and this one is by far my favourite.

Do you own this? What looks/shade combinations do you like to put together with this palette?






Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment