Thursday, 7 June 2012

Review: Benefit's 'Bad Gal Lash'

I'm going to be honest here, I've never owned any Benefit makeup! Shocking, I know. So when I heard about their collaboration with Glamour magazine I had to buy all 3 issues for all 3 freebies and test away! As you can see, my favourite was this mascara.


Here I am demonstrating the mascara, I think it coats the lashes really well and also elongates them quite a bit. It feels very drying which means theres less chance of ruining the rest of your makeup by blinking which I always hate.  The mascara applies quite thin coats to the lashes which allow you to build up how dramatic you want your lashes to look. The wand has a bristle brush at the end which I admittedly aren't usually a fan of because they look quite daunting and sometimes are too generous with how much product goes onto my eyelashes (clump central) but this one is quite gentle on the lashes whilst managing to pick them all up in application and so far while I've been using it I haven't had any clumpy-mascara disasters. After it has dried the lashes feel very soft and feathery, however I felt I had to apply a lot to achieve the effect I had in the picture.

I've tested this out over a couple of days and while I think the the finish is great, I think I prefer mascaras that are a bit more wet on application, I find that this takes quite a few goes to make a significant difference (some people may prefer this but I feel it wastes product!) It doesn't compare to my False Lash Effect so I don't think I'll be buying the full size but it was nice to have a mini for such a low price.

As with any product from Benefit, the packaging is really cute. The black and pink theme is consistent and I like the silver top on the actual product. I'm now interested to try other mascaras from benefit, as the newest one 'They're real' is also supposed to be great - that one has a rubber/plastic brush for application which I prefer so maybe I'll try it! I'm also interested in trying a Dior mascara, their latest one is next on my list!

What do you think to high end mascaras? Is it worth the money for a full size or do you prefer this mini? What do you think of Benefit mascaras?

Emma xx

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I don't particularly purchase high-end mascaras, as I always trow them out every two-three months. So I think it's not really worth it. Also, there are a lot of drug store mascaras that are amazing!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I'm always curious though to see if they're actually better but for the most part im loyal to my max factor false lash effect one. And sure thing, I'll follow you :) xx

    ReplyDelete