Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder





Rimmel is one of my favourite hughstreet makeup brands - their nail varnishes, lipsticks and various foundation and concealer products all get a thumbs up from me and this powder doesn't fall short of my expectations. I have probably repurchased this product about five times now, as it's really affordable at a mere £3.99 and the product inside is really good quality. You could probably get a good four or five hours wear of this without having to touch up, depending on your skin type and the powder is so finely milled and soft that I have never had a problem with it looking cakey or like I'm wearing too much makeup. I tend to use this when my base I'm using provides less coverage i.e. a tinted moisturiser, sheer foundation or BB cream just to make certain parts of my skin appear a bit more flawless than they naturally do! 

The powder comes in six shades - it's a shame they don't cater for darker skin tones as I feel they're missing out on a good sales opportunity. It's probably not as good quality as the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish and I bet the staying power isn't as good, but personally I think they do last quite a while when used to set foundation and is a cheap alternative. Stay Matte Powder is a good way to touch up after a few hours of makeup-wear and definitely do the job! If you want to reduce shine or have oily skin I would definitey recommend this. I used a large face brush to apply this when I want to set my whole face or if I want it in key areas to set my concealer or add a bit more coverage I'll use my Real Techniques Contour Brush as it's small enough to cover up smaller areas and works well.

The packaging is unfortunately quite cheap and I have broken one before, but I guess it's how they keep the cost down which is fine by me! As you can see I need to repurchase another one as I it pan a while a go but there is no rush as I haven't ever had the product inside shatter on me. However I don't travel with in my bag so don't take my word for it!

Rimmel is available everyewhere - Boots, Superdrug and even in my local Chemist so if you're curious, pick one up! Another contender I'd reccomend if you were after anything similar would be the Maybelline powders, as they are nice too. Overall a handy thing to pick up if you're like me and don't live near a MAC store and can't get your hands on a MSF!

Emma xx

2 comments:

  1. I use the same powder, not really for coverage but as a setting powder to make sure my skin is matte. I also feel the same way about the packaging, totally flimsy. My cover has cracked :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so rubbish and the lid of mine comes off if I take it with me in a bag or something, so annoying haha x

    ReplyDelete