Monday, 3 September 2012

The Mulberry Monster





When I got my Mulberry purse (dammit, still need to post about that!) the packaging incorporated the cute Mulberry monster. I found him again whilst browsing the website and I just think it's so cute, especially on the scarf which I think I need. Unluckily I can't just splash £345 on a scarf so putting it on my blog will have to be the next best thing! The t-shirts and jumper are adorable too and it's not often I want to sport a cartoon character around on my front but I think I will have to make an exception for this little guy. So cute! The design which is featured in Mulberry's A/W 2012 collection was inspired by Maurice Sendak's book 'Where the Wild Things Are.' I love how it's more a graphic print than cartoon, the line work and detail make it different to anything I've seen before and it creates visually a different texture. Mulberry's own monster was designed by Emma Houlston and he's been making a fair few appearances since - I love it when designer brands show a cute and fun side that still ties in with the brand. The ideas of monsters and woods and general quirkiness are still predominantly British and thats what Mulberry are all about. I think he's lovely and I'm loving the pieces featuring him from Mulberry this year!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment