Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Mac Lipstick in Russian Red











Behold the most gorgeous most pigmented lipstick of all time. That's a little OTT but I have so much love for this lipstick. If you're looking for a sexy deep red, long lasting, high quality product look no further than the stands of Mac and the little number that is Russian Red. This was one of my birthday presents from my boyfriend last year (he did good) and it was love at first sight/swatch.

Russian Red is a matte formula from Mac, matte lipsticks are probably my favourite finish as I don't like anything too shimmery on the lips - I don't like makeup that can look 'too much' but I do love wearing a statement lip colour quite often! Because it's matte, it's ridiculously long lasting (unless you eat - I had to touch up after a meal) I think you can get a good 5 or 6 hours wear of this with minimum touch ups. Russian Red also stains the lips slightly as well, I like this in a product as it shows just how long wearing it is, and even after the proucts gone you still have a hint of colour left. The quality of this lipstick is just so undeniably good too, it's not drying and doesn't cling to dry patches on the lips, it perfects the lips to some extent which is one of the things I love about red lipstick.

I love the colour so much, the tone is gorgeous - it isn't a bright red, it's quite a deep, sultry red that looks so sophisticated on. It's so pigmented you only really need to swipe it over the lips once as the colour pay off is so brilliant. As a brunette, when I want a bold lip I naturally go for your traditional red shades so I love how it looks - especially with simple makeup. A flick of cat-eye style eyeliner and a touch of bronzer, it can look so classy. It's been perfect for venturing out this Winter, I've worn it on nights out and days out where I've wanted to wear a statement lip and it's perfect!

There's not much more to say about this other than it ticks all the boxes for a red lipstick and looks and feels so nice. It's my favourite one out of all the red lipsticks I own which is definitely a big claim to make! £14 is a good price to pay for a high quality lippie too - all in all I don't think you can go wrong with Mac - I have my eye on a few more shades I want to add to my collection!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment