Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Nivea Visage Tinted Moisturiser



Sorry for the stock photo - my tube is disgustingly grubby!

I bought this on a whim from Amazon, I can't remember how much it was exactly but I think it was around the £4 mark. This was before I'd ever ventured into the world of tinted moisturisers and before I had set my sights on the likes of similar products from NARS and Laura Mercier which I currently use and love.

I must say though, for my first go with a tinted moisturiser I was quite impressed. When I use this, my aim is to even out my skin tone and create a healthy looking complexion rather than cover up spots and pores. It is quite light in coverage so it would be difficult to achieve a flawless finish without a good concealer (Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is my pick!) I don't tend to wear makeup when I'm doing nothing at all, but if I'm at my boyfriend's for the evening or lounging around and may need to nip to the local shop or just feel like looking as au-natural as possible, this is what I whack on. It's brilliant for everyday use when you want a quick fix of healthy-looking, evenly toned skin that doesn't need to last amazingly long or cover up every single tiny imperfection. I also used this on holiday a fair amount in the evenings as a foundation just felt too heavy and would have been sweated off - yuck!


I found that this sinks into the skin nicely and stays put with a good powder (Rimmel Stay Matte) I tend to apply it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush as I've found this works to get the best coverage out of it and works it into the skin evenly. The shade isn't a perfect match, it suits me better in summer but the finish is lovely as it leaves a really nice glow, your skin feels supple and it really does help with keeping moisture in. Depending on climate and your skin type the longevity of this would vary. I have normal to dry skin and so can wear this for about five or six hours before any touching up needs to be done, however on holiday with a really hot climate it didn't last that long at all. Another negative is that I've only ever seen this shade and I think there's only a couple out there so it's a no go for paleys.

This tinted moisturiser may not be the most popular drugstore choice but it's one that I think people should look into more. It has all the qualities of a good moisturiser, as it hydrates the skin for a good amount of time as well as adds key vitamins to increase the skins overall health. It also includes light reflecting pigments and UV fighting particles that prevent aging from sun damage and reflects the light adding a natural skin-like glow to the face. 

I wasn't expecting much from this product when I bought it, but the colour is a good match for me so I think I will be purchasing it again when I run out. I love the smell of it too and will definitely go back to this on those long summer lazy days (that are SO far away!)

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment