Monday, 18 February 2013

Face of the (other) Day







So here I have to apologise for all the different faces I happen to be pulling. We definitely go from bitch-face to pout - to sugar wouldn't melt here (so bad at photoz) But anyway I went for an interview the other day, I made a bit of an effort and used a combination of some of my favourite products at the minute. 

As a based I used Benefit's Porefessional, and then Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. Porefessional ensured my makeup stayed on all day (I had to go to my actual job afterwards) and the longevity of Pro Lumiere combined with this was just a great combo. Pro Lumiere gave me a lovely imperfection free face, and I used my Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer around my nose and chin and on any ugly spots that might have been skulking around. Benefit Boing was used under my eyes because it's light and creamy - I used a shade lighter as well in an attempt to cover any dark circles. For my brows I used my Nyx Cake Powder brow palette in dark brown.

On my cheeks I bronzed and contoured with Clarins Bronzing Duo in medium and then applied my new favourite blush - NARS Super Orgasm. It's so pink and super girly in the pan but on the cheeks it gives a really nice peachy pink glow. On my lips I wore two Topshop products; their lipstick in Whimsical (so much love for this peachy nude) and their lipgloss in coral which isn't very pigmented but added a nice glossy finish.

On my eyes I wore Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten all over the lid and then I applied 'Buck' from my Urban Decay Naked Palette for a soft, warm brown smokey effect. I used a tiny bit of No 7 black eyeliner to define my lash line and then put a shedload of Benefit's They're Real Mascara which lasted amazingly well but is such a chore to get off.

A bit about my hair - I usually like it down and natural. Fuss free, for want of a better phrase. But I love the romantic look of a fishtail braid, mine isn't brilliant but it's the best I could do at the time and it worked well going from an interview where I wanted to be as presentable as possible, to work where I have to have my hair out of the way otherwise it gets covered in all sorts. 

So yeah - a long and rambly post. Maybe if I do another I might just list the products used. But I was pretty pleased with the look I managed to do and all done in less than an hour!

- Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment