Wednesday, 20 February 2013

Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten

















This has been on my beauty wishlist for such a long time. When I was around 14 I used to have a Rimmel creme eye shadow that I wore day in day out, it was the perfect champagne colour and I have spent forever trying to find something similar shade-wise but of a hell of a lot better quality!

Kitten is a gorgeous champagne colour eyeshadow/eyeshadow base. As it's a 'Smudge Pot' it could well be used on it's own as an eyeshadow or an eyeshadow base. It's creamy enough to apply another colour over the top and keep it there all day but it's also pigmented and pretty enough to wear on its own. A bit like the Mac paint pots if you're familiar with those - I don't own any of those so I can't compare but there are plenty of comparisons online talking about Kitten and Mac's Bare Study so I'm guessing they must be dupes.


Stila's kitten is a lovely champagne colour with an almost peachy/rose gold hue to it that looks really flattering on blue eyes. It's so easy to wear and brightens the eye instantly. The formula to touch can seem a bit thick and uneven, but I wouldn't complain about this because with the right brush, or blended well it looks lovely and has a smooth consistency when it's on the eyelids.  One thing I do notice after a few hours wear is that it still looks intact - not moved or smudged or creased which is great. To touch though it felt a little dry like dry skin but I've only noticed this once so maybe it was my eyes!I sometimes use Kitten as a base, for other champagne coloured eyeshadows as it's great at making them more intense and sticking around longer. Another great way to wear it is all over the lid, with some winged eyeliner and a matte warm brown shade like Urban Decays 'Buck' in the crease for a slightly smokey effect. Overall a cute little pot that's so versatile all year round for a variety of 'looks' - i definitely recommend!

Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment