Sunday, 31 March 2013

Clinique 'Bonus Time' Haul ft Chubby Stick Eyeshadow


I had been eyeing up this free gift for a while and had been wanting to try the Chubby Stick for eyes ever since I'd heard about their launch. I have every single Chubby Stick lip balm out there so naturally wanted to complete the set with the eyeshadows! When I wandered over to the counter the lovely Adeeba served me (if you're in Derby see her as she's such a sweetie!) The shades I enquired about Ample Amber and Bountiful Beige were out of stock but I didn't want to leave empty handed so I opted for Lots o' Latte and Fuller Fudge. I also wanted to restock on my favourite mascara in the whole entire world. It's just so damn good that it probably deserves a post all of it's own so I won't go in to detail on what I will label HG of the mascaras (big claim to make - I know)


I think the free gift is now over in most stores but do make sure you ask the MUA's as they no doubt will have a secret stash still lurking about behind the counter. As you can see you get a hefty amount of goodies - A Foaming Cleanser, Chuby Stick for lips in 06, High Impact Mascara Sample, Moisture Surge Moisturiser sample, All About Eyes eye cream, and a full size eyeliner.


These were my purchases of the day. Two Chubby Stick Shadow Tints for Eyes (£16 each) and a High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara in Extreme Black (£17) Whilst Clinique is a high end beauty brand, they're not as pricey as your Chanel, Lancome and YSL. I think this is one of the reasons they're so popular - plus the whole image of the brand is very clean and fresh which is something that undoubtedly attracts hundreds of people every day. Clinique never used to be a brand I'd initially head for when walking into a beauty hall, but their new releases are so innovative - I love me a good chubby stick (thats what she said) - sorry - couldn't resist! I've also been impressed with their lip glosses and mascaras (however foundations are a whole different story - they just don't sit well on me)


As you could probably guess I love these baby's. They're so pigmented as you can see from my swatch and the formula is so nice - they feel light and they're not sticky or lumpy or flakey at all. They don't turn that way either over a long period of wearing them and they do literally stay all day. I've been pairing these with my Stila Smudge Pot in Kitten for a subtle day time smokey eye. A lot of people were worried about how easily they'd apply - admittedly you can't do intricate work with the large rounded nibs but you can always pack some of the colour on to a brush and work that way (that's what I do when wanting to add a little below my bottom lash line) For the rest of the eyelid just swipe across - like a crayon - and then blend it out using either your finger or a clean blending brush. I don't have oily eyelids so I don't find that these crease on me but I'd always use my Nars eye primer (best one out there) to be on the safe side.

Shade-wise I was probably predictable choosing my beloved neutrals but I will get the most wear out of shades like this. Lots O' Latte is a brilliant taupe/mocha shade. In some lights it can look warm and in others it can look quite cool. It's one of those shades that will suit a lot of people because it's easily paired with other colours. Fuller Fudge is surprisingly my favourite of the two. It's darker and a lovely warm - bronzy brown. As it's such a warm colour it really brings out blue eyes which I like. This was the colour I'd hoped my Maybelline Colour Tattoo would be and in comparison to the famed drugstore Colour Tattoos, well, it goes without saying that these win for me hands down. Both shades have a lovely sheen to them - not glittery but a nice satin-like finish. You don't get disco-ball effect at all, but it's not a dull finish like some matte shades can have. 

All in all these are winners for me and I can see myself wearing these everyday of my life. Well until my new Nars palette gets delivered next week (eek!) They are now staples in my eyeshadow wardrobe and I cannot wait to buy more - next on my list are the shades that were out of stock - Bountiful Beige and Ample Amber. But I've seen swatches of Whopping Willow and there's a gorgeous navy colour too which is so pretty. What can I say, I want them all! (Get me to makeup rehab NOW) I'd encourage everyone to buy one of these as they're a dream to use and just all round fab. Well done Clinique!

-Emma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment