Thursday, 4 April 2013

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara








I couldn't wait any longer to write this post, does that make me sad? Probably. It took just one application of this for me to say to my boyfriend 'ohmygosh my lashes' the effect was that instant. Of course he didn't get what I meant, he thought they'd fallen off or something but no, I'd just had a revelation in terms of mascaras. Is it too much if I call it life changing? Possibly. Read on if you dare.

Clinique don't lie when it comes to naming their products. High Impact? Yes. Extreme Volume? Yes. Everything I want in a mascara? Yes. I can't fault it. The last mascara I reviewed was Benefits They're Real and as much as I still credit that mascara as a good'un and the results are fab I just can't be doing with how much effort it is to remove. Clinique have just blown them out of the water, I think this mascara is on par with Lancome, another favourite of mine for mascaras (namely Hypnose Star) and that is a bold statement to make.

The shiny silver packaging encases a gem of a product. What makes it so great? I can only guess. But one factor that makes it unique - like nothing I've ever tried - is the wand. It is large, yes. But it's not large enough to be scary or clumsy. The bristles are so fine, when you first look at them they seem to be plastic, a bit like Max Factor False Lash Effect but skinnier. The bristles are actually tiny, spikey little things that aren't plastic but aren't like your usual fibre brushes either. They bend easily and are quite soft, allowing them to move around the lashes to really coat each and every one. The finished result is a lash doubling effect like nothing else - without mascara it looks as though I have about ten stubby lashes - with this it looks like I have fifty, that are longer darker and thicker than usual without being clumpy. The wand combs through the lashes and separates them and adding volume. They look almost false, just not as plastic. As you wear the mascara it doesn't flake, smudge or fall off. It comes off easily with a nice eye makeup remover for fuss free removal.

Formula-wise HIEV is very wet. The way I use it is to apply one coat, move on to the next eye letting the first dry, before going back to add more (if more is needed) I usually like two coats of mascara to lengthen and add volume so I don't really know how it is for clumping - I haven't experienced any with the amount I apply. To really make the most of this mascara I recommend when you first take the wand to the base of the lashes give it a really good wiggle and work it right in to the roots so you get volume from the bottom and not just half way through/at the ends - it makes a hell of a difference! I try to do that with all mascaras anyway

My only gripe with this is the packaging on the inside. You can get product build up in the opening of where the wand comes out but it doesn't affect your results with the application so it doesn't really matter. On the outside though it looks fab, not something I would feel ashamed to be pulling out of my makeup bag at all.

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried, I need volume and lash a multiplying formula and wand and that's exactly what this does. I like this more than YSL Shocking, and that's saying something! I will be repurchasing this again and again until I find something better. 

-Emma xx

4 comments:

  1. This is something I have had my eye on for a while and defiantly something I am going to be picking up next time I go shoppin great post about it!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its soooo bloody good haha, definitely worth the money :) x

      Delete
  2. haven't tried this, but it sounds amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete